Thursday, 30 July 2026

More work with the Flipper

 Another 120-150 balls in the Paddock working with the Flipper. Still not sure how it's going to work out in a game, looked pretty good in the nets last Tuesday and these last two practice sessions over at the Paddock went well. There's the occassional tragic ball, but I'm not sure if that's because I'm being experimental. There's a fair few down the leg-side that may go for byes, but not necessarily wides in our league, dependent on how 'Niggly' the opposition want to be with regards this aspect of the game. 

What I did try that seemed to be useful was the Stuart MacGill "Knee drive" which is very different to Warnes up and around the FFC. The MacGill approach seemed to bring accuracy and speed. So overall, things are looking promising with only one more day or practice before deploying in an actual game. 

Again I Strava'd it, which is useful in terms of monitoring heart rates and the like. 

In addition to the cricket I went for a run tonight and got a PB on the circuit that I run the most on a segment called the "Staneway climb". In addition to this, I'm the 4th  fastest in the class 45-54. 



No comments:

Post a Comment