Friday 24 May 2024

Sunday Friendly v Anston St George

 I like these games, players from across all 6 of our teams playing against a similar team (allegedly).


Only 2 1st XI players - Weatherall our International player from Australia - Fast bowler and Lloyd Lambert; Off-spinner.

Travis 2nd XI off-spinner (All-rounder)

Lennon 4th XI wicket keeper/bat

Nishant 6th XI off-spinner/batter

Varun 6th XI bowler (Seam) batter (2nd only game with us)

Me 6th XI No.11 and Spin-bowler

Paul A McKeon - batter

Paul Mckeon seam-up bowler (Opener)

Harry - All-rounder

Pijush - All-rounder


We bowled first against an aggressive/good batter and he looked like he was taking the game away from us right from the outset, but then Harry came on and sorted him out leaving an older geezer (Younger than me) who played in a more considered manner. 

I came on surprisingly early given the situation and the strength of the batters and the fact that the Aussie captain has never seen me bowl. I had a ropey first over where I was hit for a couple of fours through the covers bowling too wide of the off-stump. The Aussie bloke moved a player into the short cover position and that then plugged the gap and the runs dried up.

I then got another wicket caught at slip (The Aussie) Kieran. Two balls earlier he almost took a catch in slips - but only got his fingers to it and dropped it. Two balls later the ball went right at him and with a bit of fumbling as he fell, he kept hold of it. I bowled a couple of relatively tight overs with singles going down to deep mid-on and then was replaced having bowled 6. Because of the earlier 4's I didn't think I'd done that well, but then at the end of the game when I had a look at everyone else's bowling I saw that I hadn't done that bad.











Running total below - Differs from the official figures as the scoring has been shocking with the use of the on-line app thing. The logic seems to be 'It's easy - let some kid so it, they know about technology'. But they don't know about umpire signals and scoring in the first place. 







Another diagram - This time analysis of where I'm getting hit and leaking runs...























https://captaincalculator.com/sports/cricket/bowling-strike-rate-calculator/





No comments:

Post a Comment