Saturday 2 February 2019

Someblokecalleddaves January wrist spin diary

The month starts with very mild weather here in the UK and the grass in the paddock where I practice across the road is actually growing! The temperature during the day has been well in excess of 10 degrees centigrade for the last 2 weeks over the Christmas holiday.

Early Jan made a decent start to the exercise regime and my diet's improved now that all the Christmas food's been eaten or thrown away. The main weakness still seems to be my lower back, but with the little bit of exercise that I did do towards the end of Dec I've now been able to do the head-stands again for well in excess of 2 minutes. Current record still stands at 4 minutes and 10 seconds.

Mid January and the back soreness still prevailed and was starting to worry me, so I upped the exercise regime and focused on my Glutes and core strength. There's a lot of commentary on the internet relating to the fact that if you do a job where you're relatively inactive - sitting at a computer, you lose the muscles in your butt. If that happens, then all of the surrounding connected muscles and joints start to suffer leading to problems with the hips, back and knees. So, core strength and butt muscles it is for me at the moment.

End of January whilst doing a headstand (Good for core strength and balance) I over-balanced and where my fingers are locked together behind my head, my head rolled over the fingers and completely mangled them. That's put a stop to the exercise, it also coincided with the weather taking a turn for the worse so any activities like cycling would have been been thwarted anyway. I reckon it'll be early February before I start again.

Blogs and stuff

I've also started to delete some of my blogs and consolidate them as I'm trying to generate traffic to this one, but it seems pretty difficult and slow at the moment. The other blog with the first series of pitch maps here is still getting loads of hits, but ideally I'll delete these, because I want the traffic coming to the new pitch map and plans blog (See link in the top-right side bar) here, or click on the page image below...
Over the weekend of Jan 6th I discovered that the blogs weren't showing adverts because I had an ad-blocking extension set up and it looked as though I needed to re-set the adverts. So I'm going through all my blogs at the moment checking to see that they've all got adverts on, but I'm only too aware people use ad' blocking software, which is a shame.

Here are some of the other activities that I've been up to.

The batsman's analysis blog has some examples in albeit from the old league (SNEL). I've included these just to see how it looks and establish a way of producing the diagrams that'll be consistent and coherent. Previous manifestations have been very popular with tens of thousands of hits, but they've taken shed-loads of time to produce because of the heavy use of Photoshop. The new approach will hopefully mean I can up-load the wagon wheel diagrams and plans the same weekend as the games.

Click on the image to go to the website.

The other deals with another aspect of strategy and the formulation of a bowling plan and includes a link to a Youtube video you can pretty much guarantee will be deleted because SKY will hunt the up-loader down and threaten to destroy him if he doesn't delete it and then people wonder why crickets decreasing in popularity eh?

That link is here http://wristspinbowling.blogspot.com/2017/10/1-best-of-wrist-spin-bowling-2.html





My other active blogs include…

This is an example of some of the bowling vids on my Youtube channel

The hits on this blog are steadily growing and the nice thing is I'm getting really positive feedback from different people from all around the world. The original post on the other website where all the batsmen were in one post is gradually being reduced as I transfer them to the blog above.

The club had its AGM on Jan 25th and that was attended by a much bigger crowd than usual. We're almost certainly going to be fielding 3 teams in the new T-Rippon league, but there's an option to field 4 if there's a sudden surge in players as the season starts it seems. There's a real feel of optimism around the club after 2 years of misery caused by the loss of so many key players over one winter. The word is some players who have left over the last 3 or 4 years are looking to come back and play some games on and off and there seems to be a few new blokes. The new blokes also reckon they've got mates that'll play the occasional game as well.

We've lost some key players as well because of the change in game format, but the fact that we're initially fielding 3 teams rather than four offsets that.

We'll find out what division we'll be playing in by mid February and early Feb we'll be getting into the nets. In recent years nets have been a bit sparse with regards attendance, so it'll be interesting to see who turns up? With regards nets Joe and I haven't been to Writtle at all this year other than the one session. This is primarily due to the fact that whenever I ask him if he wants to go he's never up for it.

Other than, that not a lot happened over January.

No comments:

Post a Comment