Saturday 7 April 2018

Back Yard pitch preparation - The Paddock

It rained a little this morning - very light shower so I thought I'd have a look at how the paddock is getting on and roll it again before the seeds sprout. Having had a look at it, the earth is still wet and malleable and I decided that I'd roll further up the wicket towards the bowlers end and look at the prospect of extending the cut strip further.

Having rolled it with reasonable success, I decided that I'd also cut the grass before it grows so much that cutting a full length wicket would be a mammoth task...


So for the moment It's cut to about 16 yards and rolled to that extent too. It's probably reasonably flat to about half way down the wicket - more than enough for our use. As you can see the weather is grey and over-cast and it's warm - 16 degrees, so ideal growing conditions. Ideally we'd have a bit of rain and that should get the seeds growing and the grass coming through.

Oh yeah, if you're interested in bowling the Flipper and it's variations have a look at my Flipper page here over on the other main blog as I've done some more work on it yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment